Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hollywood Producer to Write a Film About the Rise of Facebook

Aaron Sorkin, Hollywood writer-producer and co-creator of The West Wing decided to write a film that tells about the rise of Facebook.

After the announcement of Sorkin's involvement in the project, the writer joked that even his long-dead grandmother was more informed about the web than he is. To start the project Sorkin decide to register on the social networking website, which became extremely popular in the last couple of years, to find out "how this works.

On his page Sorkin wrote: "I've just agreed to write a movie for Sony and producer Scott Rudin about how Facebook was invented. I figured a good first step in my preparation would be finding out what Facebook is, so I've started this page. (Actually it was started by my researcher, Ian Reichbach, because my grandmother has more Internet savvy than I do and she's been dead for 33 years.)"

Sorkin also wrote: "I understand there are a few other people using Facebook pages under my name, which I find more flattering than creepy - but this is me. I don't know how I can prove that, but feel free to test me."

Although Sorkin joined the social network too late to participate in Scrabulous, he asked several members of Facebook to share with him opinions regarding the site.

It is worth mentioning that the social networking site, Facebook, was launched in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes, who at that time were all students of Harvard. At first the site was limited only to Harvard students but later it opened up to everyone around the globe.

Currently about 100 million users are registered on the site. Facebook remains independent in contrast to its rivals MySpace and Bebo who sold out to larger companies.

Source: Metro.co.uk

No comments: